Mobility Coaching - a pilot manual
Mobility Coaching targets behaviour rather than changing attitudes to travel as in many other mobility management projects. This is a cost-effective
approach, despite the higher cost per person – it is better to persuade ten car commuters to leave their car at home than to persuade a hundred to just think
about it. Changing travel habits is the key to a healthier lifestyle but most of us need help to make the transition from good intentions to action.
Mobility Coaching has four cornerstones:
• A coach helps participants to achieve personal goals. The coaching is based on commitment expressed in the form of a signed agreement between the coach and the participant.
• Co-operation between City and employer (or organisation) with mutual undertakings – to invest and gain from the project.
• A well-defined group of mentally prepared participants from a workplace or social group.
• Activities and feedback for a full year including health checks, seminars and mandatory travel diary.
- Plan Action
- Implement Action
Publisher: EcoRegion Project
Published in: 2010
- Climate mitigation
- Including small & medium sized enterprises
Free to use: Yes
- Energy efficiency -Action
Users did not rate this entry yet !